Been working hard to get the game finished.
Slight oversight – my initial plan was to serve up a 50 custom level game. I decided to move my back-end from Gamesparks to Playfab as per an asset I purchased which suggested to use this service (Facebook Leader-board Asset).
Not that it was anyone’s fault per’se. I just hadn’t checked out the service fully and with that, had not realised until going to add multiple leaderboards one day and finding I was capped to 25 with the free package that I had signed up to.
Just means that this game will be slightly shorter than anticipated but it means I have cut down the development time by half as I was aiming at a new year release for AstroBall.
In-turn, with the cut down in levels I have switched to include a few extra bonus levels instead which do not require a Leader-board function.
- Menu Music control – Music Volume/Sfx Volume with play next random track button. ( I was going to leave this option out to keep things simple, but upon a re-visit – it seemed practical especially as I had advertised a bespoke Royalty free soundtrack included in the game)
- Saving menu choices across the game
- End Scene
- Pause menu updated and polished
- Removal of unwanted/unused scripts
- Final level
- IAP (?)
- Testing full game
- Release update to Beta Testers (Moved from Alpha)
- Final Polish
If my calculations are right? I have been developing this game for around six months. From a novice to semi competent developer – very pleased.
Release window – Christmas! Bar any unforeseen issues…
I have other ideas in the pipeline for my next game.